The latest product from the U.S. Mint is tailored for silver coin and quarter collectors because it features seven silver coins with five of them 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters.
On sale for $53.95 at www.usmint.gov is the 2014 United States Mint Silver Proof Set®. This set actually has fourteen coins in total, special proof versions of the denominations used in commerce — although dollar coins are no longer released into circulation. As proofs, they are made different from coins for circulation.
"United States Mint proof coins feature sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect," describes the Mint.
The coins of the Silver Proof Set breakdown like this:
- 2014 Proof Lincoln Cent
- 2014 Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2014 Silver Proof Roosevelt Dime
- 2014 Silver Proof America the Beautiful Quarters with designs emblematic of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Shenandoah National Park, Arches National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park, and Everglades National Park
- 2014 Silver Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2014 Proof Presidential $1 Coins featuring Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, and Franklin D. Roosevelt
- 2014 Proof Native American $1 Coin commemorating the native hospitality ensuring the success of the Lewis and Clark Expedition
As the list shows, the seven silver coins include the American Beautiful Quarters, the dime and half-dollar. Together, these have 1.34 troy ounces silver (they are minted from 90% silver and 10% copper). The other seven coins are of traditional clad compositions.
For collectors only interested in this year’s quarters in silver, the Mint’s 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set is the way to go. Released earlier this year for $31.95, it has just the quarters. It may also be purchased from the U.S. Mint at www.usmint.gov.