The 2011 America the Beautiful Quarters Circulating Coin Set hit the market Tuesday, November 29. The 10-coin set contains circulation quality strikes and is priced at $9.95 plus shipping and handling.
Each of the five 2011 ATB quarters were minted at the United States Mint facilities responsible for producing the nation’s circulation coinage, located in Philadelphia and Denver. Specifically, the quarter-dollars in the circulating coin set include two each of the:
- Gettysburg National Military Park Quarter representing the state of Pennsylvania,
- Glacier National Park Quarter representing the state of Montana,
- Olympic National Park Quarter representing the state of Washington,
- Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter representing the state of Mississippi, and
- Chickasaw National Recreation Area Quarter representing the state of Oklahoma.
Packaging for the new circulating coin set was designed especially for collectors who may want to insert the quarters into coin albums or other numismatic accessories, because the coins may be easily removed from the card stock from which they are mounted.
Orders may be placed via the United States Mint’s secure Web site, http://www.usmint.gov/catalog, or at the toll-free number, 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). The United States Mint also offers the set as part of its Online Subscription Program, which enables customers to automatically receive a new set each year during the coin series.
The America the Beautiful Quarters Program started in 2010 and is expected to last until 2021. Five new coins will launch each year to commemorate a national park or site in every state, territory, and the District of Columbia.
Other sets that contain all five of the 2011 designs are:
- 2011 ATB Quarter Proof Set ($14.95)
- 2011 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set ($41.95)
- 2011 ATB Quarter Uncirculated Set ($21.95)
- United States Mint Proof Set ($31.95)
- United States Mint Silver Proof Set ($67.95)
- United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set ($31.95)
For collectors needing one particular design, the United States Mint also offers 100-coin bags, Two-Roll Sets and Three-Coin Sets for each national site.
Other unique spin-offs include the America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins for investors and America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Uncirculated Coins for collectors.